Head of Engineering
We’re bluecrux. Pleased to meet you!
We build tomorrow’s value chains for a better future. In times of massive swings in business conditions and large leaps in technology, we help our customers make the transition to a digital business. We satisfy needs for digital transformation by offering premium advisory services to rethink business operating models, by building resilience in supply chains with our digital twin technology LOP.ai., and by digitalizing resource planning and scheduling processes with our cloud software, BINOCS.
BINOCS is the #1 cloud-based SaaS solution for digital resource planning & scheduling in laboratories and small scale production. It is a digital twin that aligns work demand with the resource capacity of knowledge workers & equipment and comes with zero-code integration in the enterprise architecture (LIMS, PPM, CTMS, MES, etc.). BINOCS is a complete solution designed for the following niche use cases:
- QA/QC labs
- RMO (resource management office)
BINOCS is currently looking for a full-time and experienced Head of Engineering that can guide the company for the next years and who is eager to complete the leadership team in place.
In this position, you will have the unique opportunity to drive the technical strategy and vision for a product making a significant world impact.
What will you be doing?
- You set goals and aspirations to ensure personal and company growth.
- You are the bridge between the business and the technology, making sure the company’s vision can be turned into a product that people love while managing a team, budget, and timeframes.
- Together with the CEO and the product team, you are responsible for establishing a roadmap that makes sense from a business and a technical point of view.
- You are at the service of the engineering team, from the onboarding process to make sure they have everything they need to work efficiently.
- You implement and maintain development processes.
- You are responsible for establishing strategic technical partnerships and negotiating deals with third-party providers.
- You do not hesitate to get your hands dirty when it is necessary.
Do not hesitate to apply if you do not fulfil 100% of the requirements. Superheroes do not exist. People with passion and talent do!
- You like working in a start-up environment, and you have some affinity with laboratories and the small-scale production industry. You can manage your own time, and you are flexible enough to go the extra mile if needed.
- You have at least eight years of relevant experience in guiding software teams. You make sure that everybody in your team feels safe and accepted, and you value every team member’s input. You can give others honest, constructive, and actionable feedback. Credit is assigned accurately and generously.
- You consistently strive to expand your knowledge, both technical and non-technical. You like sharing your knowledge with colleagues and the world through different channels (blogging, presentations, group discussions, …).
- You can make decisions, even if not all information is available, considering all pros and cons. Once a decision is made, you can translate this into an action plan, and reach your goals. You make sure every process and decision get documented by the team.
- You can communicate clearly, considering who your audience is. You are always honest, sometimes brutally so, but you are aware of the situation and always stay polite. You know which is the right channel for each message or question.
- You have a thorough knowledge of modern software engineering technology. Ideally, you have been developing code yourself and you know your way around in a couple of different codebases.
- You can define a technical short- and long-term vision for the company.
- You can review the technical architecture of our platform and make the right choices on technologies we should (not) use.
- You follow up on DevOps and work on standardisation, implementing and maintaining development processes, policies and good practices while keeping the company culture in mind.
- Your English must be excellent, both oral and written.
- You have experience with QA and product management.
- You have something valuable to add when discussing the product, UX and/or UI.
- You have an affinity with complex algorithms and/or machine learning.
- You become part of a highly motivated team of hands-on supply chain & software product professionals, that attaches great importance to the above-mentioned values in their day-to-day activities.
- Nowadays we’re in our virtual office, but brand new offices in Aalst and Mechelen, close to the E40 and E19, are there awaiting you.
- Room for initiative, room to enhance your personal and professional skills, but most importantly: room to be yourself.
- A competitive salary, including a company car.