The various Customer Service departments of this worldwide healthcare player pride themselves on their customer-centric mindset. In order to steer their operational excellence program, they need a 360° view of their business. Together, we set SMART KPIs that will enable them to choose the right tools or platforms.
A multinational healthcare company specializing in diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals.
Customer Service is active in 30 countries, employing more than 60 people in total. In this complex environment, it’s hard for the Heads of Customer Service to measure the performance of their teams. What’s more, some KPIs are based on actionable levers and metrics that are reported in static documents.
A great deal of time is spent on the question of whether the data are accurate enough. And because consolidating the data is time-consuming, it’s difficult to get a grip on which KPIs are meaningful in the light of the overall strategy.
Before diving into the definition of the KPIs, it’s important to agree on the KPI framework:
- Which KPI’s are SMART, i.e. Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-phased?
- Which KPI’s that match this definition have their rightful place on a dashboard?
- When we link those KPIs horizontally and vertically, what does the backbone of the dashboard look like?
- Finally, are the KPI’s MECE, i.e. Mutually Exhaustive & Collectively Exhaustive, to give a complete overview of the business?
Together with a representative pool of experts, we define the business rules of each KPI (calculation, data source, ownership, etc.), which are validated by the key stakeholders from the business worldwide.
- A set of SMART KPI’s in line with the overall strategy
- The outline of a dashboard that is meaningful to the owners
- Smooth adoption by the business
- Focus on analyzing pitfalls and corrective actions
- A common and reliable basis for future tool selection